Noun ---> word that refers to a person, thing or abstract idea.
It can tell you who or what.
There are numerous types of nouns which can be divided to:-
· Common nouns such as cat, bicycle, desk etc.
· Nouns that refer to things which can be counted (can be singular or plural) are known as countable nouns.
· Nouns that refer to some groups of countable nouns, substances, feelings and types of activity (can only be singular) are categorized as uncountable nouns.
· Nouns which belong to a group of people or things are referred as collective nouns.
· Nouns that refer to people, organizations or places are called proper nouns. These proper nouns are the only nouns which are capitalized.
· Nouns that are made up by joining two or more words are called compound nouns.
· Nouns which are formed from a verb by adding -ing are called gerunds.